Entry Level Culinary Arts Certificate Program
The mission of the Entry Level Culinary Arts program is to stimulate learning, growth and transformation. Specifically, the mission is to instruct students who are committed to a career in culinary arts and to help them achieve their potential through small class sizes and individualized instruction from a professional faculty and staff. Students will acquire the foundational knowledge and skills of cooking and/or baking, sensory awareness, and teamwork needed to work with competence and professionalism in a commercial kitchen or in a related culinary field.
In 2009, ARC Broward joined a national consortium of organizations, Catalyst Kitchens, offering this Culinary Arts curriculum developed by this division of Seattle's FareStart.
This Certificate Program also provides real-world work experience for all Entry Level Culinary Arts students with the opportunity to complete their laboratory experience in a fully operational commercial kitchen. All students enrolled in the Culinary Arts Program must participate in laboratory courses, acquiring and refining their practical culinary skills alongside Chef Instructors and kitchen staff. Students assist in preparing contract meals and fulfilling catering orders, all while helping fulfill an important social mission within our community.
The Entry Level Culinary Arts Program Advantage
- Our combination of lectures, hands-on lab instruction, and seminars create a comprehensive curriculum that allows students to receive an intensive entry-level culinary education in a short period of time.
- Our commercial grade kitchen serves as a classroom laboratory, creating an efficient and enjoyable atmosphere in which to work, learn and dine.
- A talented faculty and staff that provide individual attention and instruction in a small setting.
- Real-life opportunities that allow students to reinforce the skills being taught in the classroom, while gaining experience in other areas ranging from catering to producing and serving food in large quantities for food-related events around the city.
- Our proximity to Ft. Lauderdale affords students the opportunity to meet and work with a wide variety of local culinary talents.
- In addition to our facilities, which include student resource areas, internet access, and a quiet place to study, complimentary tutoring and personal advising is available to every student at their request.
- Career placement support to provide career guidance for all graduates.
ARC Broward Learning Institute knows this is the training program for YOU.
Contact a member of the ARC Broward Learning Institute today at 954-746-9400 or via e-mail at
to learn more about this exciting program.